I have been eyeing this recipe off for 16 years. I don't know why I was reluctant to cook it. I think, perhaps, in the beginning I was too intimidated by it. It was such a classic. I have been a slow student. Marcella told me once I needed to have a close look at my cooking, to see what was going wrong with it. Perhaps that put me on edge.
Anyway, I gave it a go, 16 years after I started this blog. It worked. It was delicious. I shall make it again.
I used Giuliano's version "taught to me by my mother". She first published her version in 1973. His is almost the same. She talks of bones and tablespoons of water, and he does not. Both talk of removing fat from the nut brown sauce - mine was fine with the fat included.
We are not religious, but often say a quiet thanks to Marcella when we eat some of her food.
Thanks.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment