Thursday, July 29, 2010

Meat sauce

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think I am fond of meat sauce in pasta. At least I haven't cooked one I really go for.

Pasta sauces I have loved includes:
- carbonara;
- bacon with onions, garlic, chili and tomatoes;
- fresh tomato and basil;
- fresh tomato and olives and parsley;
- onion; and
- pumpkin.

But meat? Well, I didn't go crazy for my long simmering ragu from Essentials, which could have been my pasta, my tomatoes, my heat, or anything, and just now, I've cooked Giuliano Hazan's short mince sauce from his 30 Minute Pasta with fresh tomatoes.

I just don't really react to it. I think that the flavour is just too subtle for me. It doesn't drag me in and make me happy like the sauces listed above.

It may be because when I cooked mince in thai cooking I used heaps and heaps of garlic, heaps and heaps of chili, and thai basil. Delicious! Blows your mind when on song!

But I don't know if that's the case, because I like other softer Italian flavours.

Perhaps I am just not fond of fried mince without much else to jazz it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment