Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sauteed Broccoli with Olive Oil and Garlic

Found myself with a head of broccoli for lunch. Marcella suggests boiling and sauteeing it with garlic and parsley.

I was a little confused by Marcella's instructions. Did she mean that the head should be cut into parts in the stem, or should I have just cut into the stem? Common sense dictated the head should be cut up so that's what I did.

I boiled it for about 5 minutes. Health gurus would say steam rather than boil, but history shows they don't have a clue about things so I ignored that.

Neil Perry just takes the boiled vegetable and puts salt, pepper and olive on it.

I was concerned about the amount of garlic called for. This is uncharacteristic. Perhaps I let it sautee for two long, but I don't think so. It was just too much garlic, for me.

I enjoyed it for lunch. However, I am quite content with the Neil Perry approach. I don't think it needs the extra sauteeing. And the garlic is a bit heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment