Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lamb stew and minestrone

I cooked the Lamb Stew with Rosemary, Olives and Tomatoes from Hazan (Son) How to Cook Italian, and served it with the Hazan Minestrone from Essentials. I love this simple stew. I used red wine rather than white because that's what I had on hand and I don't think it suffered from it at all.

I added silverbeet (Swiss Chard) to the minestrone because I love the idea of eating it. It's used in Guilanos Every Night Italian (which doesn't use beef broth but is not perhaps as rich - he does use bread at the bottom and olive oil on the top though).

It was all very nice. I've got a lot left over for the week. The good thing is the flavour improves in each.

I need to make some more beef broth. I like my minestrone with it, and I'm yet to make risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment