Sunday, June 6, 2010

Smothered Onion, Tuscan tbone, Roast chicken

I've cooked these dishes before but I thought I'd mention them again as I had them for dinner.

Hunger dictated I cooked the steak first, with the cracked pepper, salt, garlic rub and olive oil. Marcella would not be pleased to hear the olive oil went on before the steak was cooked but I had already put oil on my new fancy steak pan.

Due to popular demand I also cooked the Smothered Onion pasta. The first time I cooked this is was possibly the best thing I've even eaten, but I was a bit ho-hum about it the second.

This was the third.

All went well. The wine I'm using isn't the best for cooking. It has a sharp tang.

I didn't go mad for it, although it was well received. I think I want to cook it a fourth time with better wine and reserve judgement on whether or not I want it to be something I cook regularly until then.

I also cooked Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic from Giuliano Hazan's How to Cook Italian. We'll eat that tomorrow or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment