Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bolognese Meat Sauce

What a disappointment. The famous Hazan ragu. Butcher ground meat. Hours and hours and hours of cooking. I mean, hours. Forget 3 hours, this thing takes at least 4.5, even if you only simmer the sauce for 3. That's a lot of bloody hours.

And I made the bloody pasta. No more perfect union in gastronomy, Marcella says.

Well, not my version. I've had tastier ragu from a talentless housewife in 20 minutes.

Bit depressing really.

No doubt if Marcella made it for me it would be as expected. But she didn't. And it's such a pain in the arse time wise, it's a bit of an effort to try again and again. I'm not sure where to turn.

I might wait until my special tomatoes come in, and then make it again using the son's recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the sauce, I'm on the look-out for an awesome bolognese spag sauce. If you know of one, let me know! I'm actually shocked that a Marcella Sauce has not turned out well, but then again I'm just a novice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the ragu too and I loved it. It really tasted different than the ready made products, but I think more original. You can freeze left overs without any loss of taste and it is perfect for doing some lasagne.

    ReplyDelete