Friday, January 15, 2010

La Fiorentina - Grilled T-Bone Steak, Florentine Style

This is a simple approach to cooking steak that is perhaps more common now than it was in the 1970s. First, it is cooked once on each side. Second, it is salted on each side. Third, coarsely ground black pepper is rubbed on each side, and perhaps a garlic clove is rubbed over it. I oiled the meat early as I was cooking it in a pan rather than on a grill, which is a bad thing according to Marcella.

But it tasted pretty good to me.

The real hero of the dish though was the Potato Gratin from Alice Waters Art of Simple Food. It had almost nothing in it. No cheese! No cream! Only salt, pepper, milk, potato and dabs of butter. I held grave fears. But it was one of the most delicious things I've ever cooked.

Keep an eye out for Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment