Sunday, January 3, 2010

Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic

To be honest I skipped a generation to Marcella's son's recipe from How to Cook Italian. It's basically the same, except where it comes to attending the chicken. Giulano says you should cook for 30 mins per half kilo, and have the chook upside down for the first third. Fair enough. The rosemary and garlic are not piled on, and the final chicken does not taste strongly of either. Instead it is just a delicious, moist roast chook. I had it with a lot of boiled cauliflower finished with olive oil, salt and pepper (thanks Neil) and roast pumpkin, also with garlic and rosemary. All very good, although a certain someone made up some gravox gravy when I wasn't looking...

This will become my standard roast chook. I (gasp) prefer it to Marcella's chicken and two lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment